Film Making - Pre, Present & Post Lockdown

WHAT A WAY TO START 2020
For some of us the Corona virus (Covid-19) has made us change the way we think, especially when it comes to film making, photography and acting. Some of the plans we made prior to lock down have changed to adapt to the pandemic or some have been postponed to a later date or even cancelled.
UPDATE
"I pray you all have been keeping safe and well during these uncertain times".

So what's been happening, what have you all been up to? For me, I've managed to complete a few projects and I'm also writing ideas down for my next short film  'The Watcher' which is at it's very early stage. The Soundtrack has already been completed and has been released. My current film project Jet Slade: Rise of the Black Hood, is at it's editing stage. I still have a few more scenes to film but due to the pandemic that has been put on hold.
AT HOME - SELF ISOLATION
Being stuck at home hasn't really prevented me from working on my projects, as most of my editing and music production is done in-house.

SOCIAL MEDIA
Social Media has been a big help, as it's made it easier to keep in contact with family, friends, colleagues and co-workers. There are some great apps available like Zoom, it has enabled us to host live meetings and so forth. I really think this will help film makers, especially when it comes to interacting with actors as it means the work flow will still keep flowing. eg. group meetings, script run-throughs  and pre-production conferences. "And we all love a good conference don't we!"

Since lock down, I've had a chance to catch up and watch some of the creative videos and read about the new exciting projects some of you have been working on. It's amazing to see just how really talented you all are...

So here are just a few of the awesome creative people I've been reading and watching their progress, and also interacted with since lock down.

Orease Bowers
Click on the photo to view his IMDB page.
With a great smile and wonderful personality, American actor Orease Bowers has appeared in Tv dramas such as: The Black List, if you haven't seen it then you should check it out. He is also heavily into keeping in shape and is ready at any time to show off his hulking muscles as a lead kick-ass action star. Yes, you read my prediction here first peeps. "I wonder if I'll get a percentage." (I smile to myself).

MONOLOGUE: Check out this awesome video of him showing just how talented he is, not only that "What a voice." Chatting with him on Instagram I recommended he do voice-over work. He'd be awesome in games and animation. The video link is from his twitter account, give him a follow.

Hannah West
Click on the photo to view her Spotlight Page.
Hanna is an award winning Scottish actress, she first caught my attention when I watched a short film on Twitter called 'Love in the Time of Corona' I really felt for her character, such talent!

Give Hannah a follow on Twitter and checkout her Showreel below:

Hanna West Showreel 2020

Hai Le
Click on the photo to view his Spotlight Page.
Hai is an actor originally from Hong Kong and now resides in London UK. With a background in stunts, he is credited in blockbuster movies such as Marvel's Avengers Age of Ultron and Doctor Strange, and 47 Ronin.



Here he is in Sony Crackle TV - Snatch: Season One, Episode Four.

Gemma Wallace
Click on photo to view her Spotlight page.
As some of you may know, I have been practicing martial arts for over forty years (Freestyle Kickboxing) and still learning (I am a 2nd Dan grade black belt). So when Twitter recommended Gemma as interesting people to follow with similar interests, they weren't wrong as she was also into martial arts too.
Check out Gemma's Showreel:
 

UPCOMING
James Smith
Click on the photo to visit his website.
Can you imagine going abroad for a short break and realise you're stuck there for the foreseeable future, this was the case for filmmaker and writer James Smith. James has been documenting his journey and keeping you up to date via his blog posts: 'Raya Films Caught in Spanish Lockdown' A creative film maker, James has just released his trailer for Cyberlante, an experimental movie filmed on a mobile phone. Yes you read it right, a 'mobile phone'. See trailer below:
View trailer below:
I'm a huge fan of lead female actors in films, and one film I really have been looking forward to watching since I saw the first teaser trailer is 'Agent Kelly' starring Caroline Spence. I featured  Caroline in one of my previous blog posts 'FILM TALK, THE WHO & THE EXCLUSIVE' View the Official Movie Clip for Agent Kelly below:
"Awesome right!"
Caroline Spence will also be writing the Screenplay for 'The Finca'
Head over to 'Raya Films' to get more up to date information about their film projects.

Elfenshot Films
Elfenshot films released their trailer: Apprev:

Directed by Johnny Kinch, check out his Greenlit pitch:
Johnny has already raised a substantial amount, but needs your help to get this project off the ground.


SOLO FILM MAKER
Edmahoo
Before I leave you, take a look at some of the projects I've been up to. I've just released two Music Videos for two of the soundtracks for my indie film Jet Slade: Rise of the Black Hood. They will be featured on the Extended Album which I'm currently working on.
View the Music Video for 'Ain't Got No Love' below:
'Femina' (Woman) is an instrumental which is featured on the first album. Originally a vocal track, I decided to put it on the Extended Album. Checkout the Music Video for it below, you also get to see some more exclusive clips from Jet Slade: ROTBH.
The Watcher
Jet Slade: Rise of the Black Hood Official Trailer:
I hope you've enjoyed reading this update, thanks and look out for more blog posts.
Thanks, Ed

Comments

Popular Posts