Edmahoo - Film Update

All images and video clips are the copyright of Edmahoo unless stated.

After many frustrating attempts and research I finally triumphed and managed to get my original website back for my film 'Jet Slade: Rise of the Black Hood.' It has now been revamped and updated and is now live (click on image below to visit page).

Reshoots and Upgrades

With film reshoots and recasting I have had my hands full, not only that, I have also updated my video editing and music software to make my workflow run much smoother and because of this I have had to convert all of my film footage to suit, conversion and transcoding is still ongoing. "Anyone with knowledge of high-quality film footage will understand where I'm coming from and the amount of hard disk space you need to do this." 

Software and Workflow

Having a good understanding in media applications such as video, music and photography editing software for me is imperative. Not only that, an adept knowhow in camera equipment and hardware is a must and as a creative solo filmmaker I have to rely on myself. All technical aspects are delt with by me.



I also needed a video editing software that would allow me to incorporate my visual effects rather than editing in a third-party software. As a solo filmmaker I needed a software that would help me with my editing tasks, and this does all that. But as you know, with heavier tasks creates a strain on your editing machine, which leads to hardware upgrades in order to accommodate this. 

Music and Remixes

I also rewrote and revoiced the vocals for a soundtrack 'Rise and Fall' (Movie Version) and released it as single.



The original mix can be found on The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack for 'Jet Slade: Rise of the Black Hood' (both versions available in major online music platforms). 

CASTING UPDATE

With many other duties taking priority I have had to balance my workflow, "It's not easy being a Solo Filmmaker (I smile to myself)!"

Film reshoots and castings being one of them, there also other duties like promotional shoots which I arrange and take myself. 

Hannah Nicole: I've known Hannah for a few years now and was introduced to her by a good friend, actor and fellow martial artist.

With her gymnastics, a martial arts background and previous acting experience Hannah was cast as a SLADE Enforcer (in Jet Slade: Rise of the Black Hood). When she's not busy in front of the lens, Hannah enjoys her leisure time by playing football, weight training and keeping fit and in shape at the gym.

Claire Andrews: I first saw Claire performing live on stage and was amazed by her performance. To then be introduced to her afterwards and to witness the transition from character to her natural self was amazing to see. I knew she was perfect for my character.

With Claire, I had a task on my hands because she didn't have any physical or martial arts training whatsoever. I knew she would be fine with her script and dialogue, so I did what I always do, and that was to assess her and her physical capabilities.

If you missed my blog post on working with actors and fight sequences, click on the link here: "AND... ACTION!" 'Experience Vs Enthusiasm'.

I actually got to work with Claire on another project, here is a scene of her in my film Jet Slade: Rise of the Black Hood and also the other project I filmed and worked on with her.

The transition between both her characters is what really grabs your attention. Below are some rehearsal, onset and screen shots of Claire.







A drama teacher herself and since filming her scenes for Jet Slade: Rise of the Black Hood, Claire has gone on to produce and direct other theatre projects with the theatre company she works with. Claire quotes, "Pygmalion was one of the most enjoyable performances I have done and my character, Eliza Doolittle was a joy to portray."

(Images courtesy Fulneck Dramatic Society).


Claire was a joy to work with and I definitely look forward to working with her again in the future.


As always, I hope you've enjoyed reading this blog post update. Look out for more blog posts from myself.

Edmahoo


All images and video clips are the copyright of Edmahoo unless stated.



Comments

Popular Posts